HUB SOCCER COVID-19 UPDATE #2
HUB SOCCER PARENTS – We all are getting lots of info and directives regarding COVID19, so we will keep this update focused on our 2020 Spring Soccer Season. Since our first COVID19 group email suspending all soccer activities, there have been rapidly unfolding events and new directives affecting all youth sports as well as our daily lives:
* The Township of Denville has closed all parks, fields, playgrounds and canceled all recreation activities until further notice. We will not be able to start soccer activities until the Township lifts this restriction.
* NJ Youth Soccer
, which is our sanctioning organization, has suspended all soccer activities for member clubs until further notice. We will not be able to start up spring soccer until NJYS allows us. Prior to NJYS’s directive, Morris County Youth Soccer announced plans for a shorter travel soccer spring season, but that may be adjusted depending on the NJYS directive and the Township opening fields.
* Earlier today Governor Murphy issued a stay at home executive order, which includes shutting down non-essential businesses until further notice. Here is the link: https://covid19.nj.gov/.
* While we remain optimistic that we will be playing spring soccer
, it is impossible to predict what that date will be. We are also realistic that there could be a worst-case scenario and there may not be spring youth sports.
* We are creating contingency plans for a later start full season or a shorter season for both recreation and travel soccer.
* We are also developing plans and system support for canceling the spring season, which will include refunds and/or credit for the fall season. This is applicable to travel and recreation soccer.
* We are also considering/assessing the short and long term financial and economic impact to our families, sponsors, trainers, local businesses as well as our soccer club.
At this point, it is unproductive to speculate and publicize “what if” scenarios to our members, including a projection of what a start date would be, length of season, etc. We will continue to keep you posted as we receive directives and information that impact our spring season.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Don Casse, President
HUB Soccer of Denville, Inc.