Hub Soccer of Denville COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Let’s play some soccer…SAFELY!
Hub Soccer of Denville looks forward to seeing our youth soccer players back on the field for the Fall 2020 season. This reopening plan has been created to ensure a healthy and safe return to play during this unprecedented time. We are requesting the support of all parents, coaches, trainers, and players to make this a successful Fall season.
This plan has been created using guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)(1,2,3), New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH)(4,5), New Jersey Youth Soccer (NJYS)(6), and Denville Township (7,8).
Prior to the Season
- Please review this plan as well as the resources and references at the end of this document.
- Players, coaches, trainers, and youth referees must submit the following waivers (note these were not in the registration on TeamSnap):
- Anyone who has traveled internationally or to any of the US states subject to quarantine should not attend or participate in any Hub Soccer of Denville events during the state quarantine period.
Prior to Each Practice/Game
- Players, coaches, trainers, and youth referees must complete the Health Check in the TeamSnap app before every practice/game.
- Tutorial of the Health Check feature https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqINeOxmeMU
- This feature will open 8 hours before the event
- PLEASE complete the questions truthfully
- This feature is only available on the TeamSnap app, not the desktop version
- If your child is not cleared to play
- DO NOT bring them to the field
- Immediately notify your child’s coach. The coach should immediately contact the respective Division Director.
- In order to track contact in the case of illness, all players and coaches must indicate their availability within the TeamSnap app for every practice/game.
- This feature opens as soon as an event is added to TeamSnap
- This feature is available on the TeamSnap app and desktop version
- Coaches must verify Availability and Health Check has been completed within TeamSnap.
- Individual and team equipment should be cleaned between events.
At the Field
- Coaches and trainers must wear face-covering and use hand sanitizer or soap and water between each individual practice/game.
- Players and youth referees must wear face-covering and social distance when not actively playing on the field. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arrival to practice/game
- Departing from practice/game
- Anytime not actively playing (including on the sideline)
- For players and youth referees: Face coverings are allowed, but not required, while actively playing on the field. Any face covering that could be a choking hazard (i.e. neck gaiter) is not allowed while actively playing on the field.
- No sharing of water bottles or goalie gloves.
- No group celebrations (i.e. high fives, hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, parent tunnels, etc).
- Players should bring hand sanitizer and use after leaving the field of play.
- Parents and spectators must wear face-covering or social distance. As a reminder, cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
Resources and References
- CDC Considerations for Youth Sports
- CDC How to Protect Yourself & Others
- CDC Get the Facts About Coronavirus
- NJ Department of Health Covid-19 Info
- NJ Department of Health Guidance for Sports Activities
- NJYS Return to Play Guidelines
- Denville Township Recreation Department Covid19 Information
- Denville Township Recreation Department Recommended Checkin Procedure