Hub Soccer of Denville COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Let’s play some soccer…SAFELY!
Hub Soccer of Denville looks forward to seeing our youth soccer players back on the field. This reopening plan has been created to ensure a healthy and safe return to play during this unprecedented time. We are requesting the support of all parents, coaches, trainers, and players to make this a successful season.
Following these guidelines is REQUIRED for all players, youth referees, coaches, and parents/guardians. Anyone found not complying with these guidelines may be subject to removal of the Hub Soccer of Denville program for the season. Removing a player, youth referee, or coach from the program is NEVER a step we want to take; however, the health and safety of the entire program is our utmost importance. If you’re ever not sure whether you or your child should or should not participate in an event…ALWAYS err on the side of caution and withhold them from activities until you receive clearance from Hub Soccer of Denville to return. If you have any questions or concerns about the COVID-19 Reopening Plan, please feel free to reach out to your child’s Division Director or COVIDQuestions@hubsoccer.org
There may be a need to cease Hub Soccer of Denville activities at times for certain teams, depending on the timing of activities, contact, symptoms, and test results. All information provided to Hub Soccer of Denville will be kept confidential. Each situation is evaluated on an individual basis. Failure to provide accurate or timely information to Hub Soccer of Denville may result in teams being asked to cease activities for longer periods of time. We ask that parents are proactive and forthcoming when communicating with us about potential exposures or COVID-related concerns. The best way to keep the players on the field is to follow the guidance below!
This plan has been created using guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)(1,2,3,9), New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH)(4,5,), New Jersey Youth Soccer (NJYS)(6), and Denville Township (7,8).
Prior to the Season
- Please review this plan as well as the resources and references at the end of this document.
- Players, coaches, trainers, and youth referees must submit the following waiver (note that the Denville Township Recreation Department requires this waiver every season):
- Township of Denville Recreation Department COVID-19 Waiver
- HUB Soccer of Denville/NJYS COVID-19 Waiver (completed in TeamSnap registration)
- Anyone who has traveled internationally or to any of the US states subject to quarantine by the state of NJ should not attend or participate in any Hub Soccer of Denville events during the state and/or CDC quarantine period. This self-quarantine post-travel is required for Hub Soccer of Denville activities.
Prior to Each Practice/Game
- Players, coaches, trainers, and youth referees must complete the Health Check in the TeamSnap app before every practice/game.
- Click Here for a tutorial of the Health Check feature
- This feature will open 8 hours before the event
- PLEASE complete the questions truthfully
- This feature is only available on the TeamSnap app, not the desktop version
- If you or your child is not cleared to play or would not pass the Health Check
- DO NOT bring them to the field
- Complete the Hub Soccer of Denville COVID-19 Response Form. This form should only be completed if the player, coach, trainer, or youth referee would not pass the TeamSnap Health Check. Once you complete the form, you will receive a response with a ‘return to play date. Click Here for the Hub Soccer of Denville COVID-19 Response Form
- In order to track contact in the case of illness, all players and coaches must indicate their availability within the TeamSnap app for every practice/game.
- This feature opens as soon as an event is added to TeamSnap
- This feature is available on the TeamSnap app and desktop version
- Coaches must verify Availability and Health Checks have been completed within TeamSnap prior to allowing any players to begin practice or game.
- Individual and team equipment should be cleaned between events.
At the Field
- Coaches and trainers must wear face-covering.
- Players and youth referees must wear face-covering and social distance when not actively playing on the field. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arrival to practice/game
- Departing from practice/game
- Anytime not actively playing (including on the sideline)
- For players and youth referees: Face coverings are allowed, but not required, while actively playing on the field. Any face covering that could be a choking hazard (i.e. neck gaiter) is not allowed while actively playing on the field.
- Participants and spectators are requested to immediately clear the field at the completion of their event, in order to allow the next team(s) to begin.
- Sharing of equipment should be limited. Personal equipment (i.e. water bottles, goalie gloves, etc.) should not be shared.
- Avoid group celebrations (i.e. high fives, hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, parent tunnels, etc).
- No inter-team scrimmages allowed during practice. This is to avoid additional contact between multiple Hub Soccer of Denville teams. Intra-team scrimmages, with players from the same team, are allowed.
- Parents and spectators are requested to follow CDC guidelines for outdoor activities, which may include the wearing of face-covering and/or social distancing. As a reminder, in accordance with CDC guidelines, cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
Resources and References
- CDC Considerations for Youth Sports
- CDC How to Protect Yourself & Others
- CDC Get the Facts About Coronavirus
- NJ Department of Health Covid-19 Info
- NJ Department of Health Guidance for Sports Activities
- NJYS Return to Play Guidelines
- Denville Township Recreation Department Covid19 Information
- Denville Township Recreation Department Recommended Check-in Procedure
- CDC Choosing Safer Activities